- The colour guard for Haile's
visit in 1963 I think. That's me on the far end, Al Ninns with the flag, Sgt.
McQuaid with the U.S. Colours, and D.C. "Dewey" Smith on the near side. Taken
just inside the front gate.
- A piece of the MP uniform.
- Civilian Guard and me at the
gate, I think his name was Waldu, he was a cousin to the Civilian Police
Corporal who worked with us, Abi Waldu. .
- Looking "short" and strutting!
- '62 Guard Company Christmas
Party. Bowdie Yates from WV, D.C. Smith just under Yates' chin, Charlie
Merrit, Bob Sangster, a surfer dude from the LA area, Sam Perla from New York
- Sangster trying to get away from
the two drunks again at the Christmas party, and the guy in the back on the
right is Al Prins, from Minnesota.
- Lonnie Hardin and his wife Alice,
- Sam Perla at the front gate.
- A Kagnew jacket I had made.
- Doug and Lucy Mulligan wedding,
January 1963. Lucy worked at the Provost Marshal's Office and Doug was with
Guard Co. Front row from the right was Don Tomasek, Pelky, Haynes, Doug &
Lucy, Reg. Hafner, Al Prins, me, & Meyers. Back row from right was Soyhey,
Benton, Burnes, Keeton, Walnus.
- Doug & Lucy and Sgt. George
Vowell who was my platoon sergeant for a long time.
- Doug & Lucy in the car going
to the reception at the Oasis Club. .
- looking down into Nefarit, you can see the towers for the old
cable way on the left. | .
- At the Special Services Pier, Army Nurse Captain
Alice Heilfurth shows off her catch.
- The hotel at Massawa, but I
can't remember if I was the one taking the picture?
- Sam Perla's wedding, the
Sergeant in uniform is John Henry.
- Do you call this PT?  |
 | 
- The hotel at Massawa.
- Back of the hotel on the
- Lucy Mulligan on her way to
the Provost Marshal's Office.
- A village on the Massawa