- Rain at Kagnew Station after 2
years of none.
- 3 June 1971, 14 men of HHC promoted
to E-5. First row: Watstein, Sherman (this is me); Mc Garry, Daniel; May,
Harry Daughenbaugh, Ronald; Chembley, Lugene; Moorehead, Bob; second row,
Scott, Joseph; Hooper, Jerry; Poche, Gaston; King, Randall; Zavertnik, Joseph;
Burrows, William; and Jones, David. Taken in front of HHC Oderly room. Far left
is CPT Charles Cummings, and on the right is 1sg Gordon Jannsen, 1sg HHC .
- Change of Ambassador to
Eithopia at airport in Asmara. 1970 or 1971.
- Promotion ceremony, 3 June
1971. CPT cummings has us drop. I'm in the sun glasses and jacket..
- Col Russel B. Jones (far rt), Col Richard B. Mosser, LTC
George T. Shearin pass in review the Kagnew
station post band during a change of command ceremony. Col Jones took Col
Mosser's place as CO of Kagnew Station.
- AFRTS staff. No names or date
(guess late 1970 or 1971).