- Awesome pictures of the fire at the PX complex, 1957:
 | 
- Approaching the main gate from
downtown Asmara. Two of the three Radio Marina towers are visible.
- The Headquarters Building.
- The flower beds and KS emblem just
inside the main gate. The PX is visible across the lawn, HQ would be to
- In front of the ASA barracks. HQ
building in the background, all three tower can be seen.
- The Kagnew Station emblem.
- One of the ASA barracks. Latrines
were outside, between each pair of building. Inside were slate floors,
double-stacked bunks, and wall lockers.
- POV parking lot. The black and
blue Fiat sedan in the middle belonged to Phil Hopkins.
- The PX as viewed from in front of
the HQ building.
- The model airplane club building
in the Service Club area across the street from the main post. Main gate is in
- In front of HQ building.
- Another street on post, not sure
just which one.
- Looking out the main gate from on
- Ralph Vanderpool (?) on sidewalk
in front of the PX.
- In front of the ASA barracks
looking toward the PX.
- Original home of the Amateur Radio
Club ET2US. It later moved to the old Radio Marina studios above the HQ
- Phil Hopkins in front of the
- I think it is from the main gate
looking toward the barracks and mess hall. Any help here?
- Sighting-in a new rifle. Don't
remember the guy's names, but the girl is Amanda, a local who worked in the PX.
The PX was one big gun shop in those days, not politically correct
- The ASA barracks from in front of
- Looking toward the ASA barracks.
PX/Movie Theater on the left, main gate is to the right at the end of the
- Ethiopian Special Guard
- The Mess Hall. The first meal I
had at KS was gazelle steaks and mashed potatoe.
- The 20 meter beam antenna used by
the Amateur Radio Club.
- POV motorcycle parking lot. Across
from the POV cars and at the corner of the Amateur Radio Club.
- Along the sidewalk in front of