- Our off post house with marble
floors and stucco walls just off Airport Road. We lived there for 18
- Cabana in Massawa at North Beach,
where we camped out for a week at a time.
- The Top-5 Club on New Year's Eve,
1963. Bob and I are second and third on right side. This is the old look before
the remodel in 1965.
- Our daughter, Tuesdi and I
taken on Christmas Day, 2006. She was born in February 1966, five months after
we left Asmara.
- Action at our basketball game, Top
5 vs. Navy.
- Basketball cheering
- This is a card we bought
to send home over the holidays in 1963. It was purchased from the Olive Wood
& Curio Shop in Asmara..
- Our two house girls.
Ghidei is on the left and Amleset is on the right. Note how each has a
different hair do. Ghidei's indicates that she is a single woman, and Amleset's
indicates she's married. .
- The Top-5 waiters, taken in
1963. Do you remember Elvis?
- Here's the Massaua
bathing beauties, taken in 1964. They are from left to right, Donna, Jean,
Shirley, and Ginny. Ginny and I are still in contact and visit when we can. She
lives in Georgia, and I live in Arkansas.
- This is a picture taken in 2005 of
Bob and our grandaughter, Amber.
- We were not, as you can imagine, supposed to take any
pictures, but managed to get this one of the Asmara Insane Asylum.
- Massaua, THE Bar and resident camel
- Bob, Mary and Gary Hawkins in one of
- Very amazing shrine built into a
tree on the way to Keran. The Madonna at right is inside the shrine.
Standing inside is Val Payne and her baby daughter, Brandie..
- Did you know that judo lessons were
taught at Kagnew? Top photo of me and Jackie, one of the instructors. Bottom of
Ginny Cook and Jackie. I earned a green belt. .
- Happy Halloween 1964 at the Top-5
Club...left to right, Donna, Ginny, Carol, Mary.
- More Halloween dance, Donna and Jon
B....Are you out there Jon? .
- THE END !!!.