| Updated August 5, 2008
Jerry also sent in 47 pictures from the 50s on a CD. They are
here in an album format.
- Beer and soda labels, circa
- Government building in
- Haile's Rolls Royce limo, and
at the Officer's Club.
- Honor Guard at the Officer's
Club during Haile's visit.
- Catholic Church
- House in Asmara near Kagnew.
- Kagnew from the porch of the
- The trophies that were shot by Jim
Deal, one of the better hunters in 1955. They are a heyna, dongolla, jackel,
wild boar, baboon, gazelle, wart hog, gazelle horns, dik-dik and female gazelle
horns. Jim had a trip to Kenya to hunt lions planned but I left before they
- Joe, the owner of the Bar
Adriatica, in Asmara taken outside the bar.
- Bar Adriatica Ad.
- Bar Adriatica
- Mosque in Asmara